Blog Archive

Thursday, November 13, 2008

Very First Write-In (Word Count = 27,220)


Even though I could only stay about an hour, I went to my very first NanoWrimo Write-In. I did about 1K in just under an hour and did another 1K in the past hour or so. I was not much of a conversationalist because I was trying very hard to get 1K words...but it was so much fun to see MPB (aka NanoWrimo Superhero) and the other folks there. Hopefully I can go again on Saturday. Saturday is an important day...so I am hoping that some writing time will help to make it through without any tears.

I am getting kind of sleepy so I am probably going to turn in soon. For the first time during NanoWrimo 08 I wrote out of order. A scene idea hit me as I was driving to Panera for something that is meant to happen much later. I decided to go with it since it was fresh in my mind and that gave me something to dive right into as soon as I bought some coffee.

Happy NanoWrimo!!! Even though I had a busy day at work and a meeting rescheduling kept me from leaving as early as I had planned...I still figured out a way to get in some words. Wahoo...it was a good NanoWrimo Day!!

PS - I am really looking forward to having several hours of writing time tomorrow with my writing friends!! Last time I wrote with them I was very worried about planning and writing and filled with self doubt about NanoWrimo 2008. And now...I am in the thick of it!!

3 comments:

MPB said...

So glad you were able to make it!! Looking forward to seeing you tomorrow, too =)

MPB said...

And you can totally get to 30k by the end of today! I bet you'll end up with loads more than that.

Joy Wizziwa said...

Thanks!! I am at 28K now and still have about 1 1/2 hours before I have to go to work. :)