Blog Archive

Sunday, November 2, 2008

First Chapter Done (Word Count = 6,578)

So I am moving along a pretty smooth and stable pace and I just finished my first chapter. I'm feeling much more positive than yesterday as I'm starting to get a good feel for how things are going to progress. Plus, I am finding that the random fun of writing and discovering new things about your characters can still happen when you are trying to follow a pre-determined story line. I am kind of excited about this new development. It is giving me hope that at the end I might have something real that will be close to standing on it's own two legs. I know...I am only one chapter in and it is only the second day of NanoWrimo...but the fact that I am figuring out how to continue to meld both my left and right brain is spectacular. Let's see how much more I can do today.

4 comments:

MPB said...

I am happy to know I'm not the only one who writes long chapters!

Oh, and that was something crazy I found last year. No matter how much I had planned, crazy stuff I never expected STILL happened. All the time! I was like, "Wow, I didn't see that coming!" but it turned out my characters had known the whole time... they just hadn't let me in on it until the last minute :)

Characters are dangerous things... once you breath some life into them they get all "oh, look at me, I'm alive, I'm gonna do what I want AND YOU CAN'T STOP ME SO GET YOUR ENTER KEY OFF ME!!"

MPB said...

Hmm. Imagine what those characters are going to be like in two weeks if they're already mouthing off like that after 42 hours!

MPB said...

Look at you, almost 10,000! That's awesome!! YAY!

Joy Wizziwa said...

Weeee....Thanks!!! I can go to sleep now. Woohoo!!