Blog Archive

Saturday, November 29, 2008

So Slow.... (Word Count = 73,170)

This is the slowest day ever. I have had the laptop open and have been sitting here watching TV and Movies. Only 2K words so far. I feel like a NanoWrimo Failure today...UGH!!! It makes me really wonder if I have set the bar too high this time. 80K by tomorrow? I am really worried that I am not going to get there. One of the things that has been different this year is that I need quiet to get the words out. In years past, I have been able to pound out the words no matter the surroundings. This year is not like that at all. Here's to hopefully finding some quiet later on to get more words.

I'm close to declaring that I should get my purple bar when I reach 75K. That would give me the extra motivation I need to keep going. I am freaking out about the 80K now. So freaked out...it is like the words can't come out fast. This never happens...what the heck is going on?

5 comments:

sisu twenty-twenty said...

you should definitely do that. maybe it will help, motivationally speaking. i'm seriously not going to wimp out on you tonight. we will stay up until we write another 5,000 words!!! woohoo!!!

Ello - Ellen Oh said...

You already have won!!! Seriously, you did it already, don't worry about it! And this is the slowest laziest day for me too!

MPB said...

Dude, I'm right there with you! Today has been wicked slow and now I'm not sure I'm going to reach my new goal and something deep down inside me is starting to panic. Sounds like it's going around =)

I am looking forward to your purple bar, regardless of when you get it!!

If you can find some sort of really good motivation, let me know! I need it.

Joy Wizziwa said...

Thanks everyone!!! That helps!! I have a Venti Starbucks and I did not over eat at dinner...I am hoping that will be the winning combo. I'm plugged in and going for it. I will not allow myself to change into comfy lounge wear until I am at 75K.

Let's see where the night takes me... ;)

MPB said...

You can do it you can do it you can do it!!!