Blog Archive

Thursday, November 26, 2009

I am so Thankful.... Word Count = 50,269

I love November...because I love to write...and for me...November is all about writing. Each year when National Novel Writing Month starts I have a goal. The first few years were really focused on just being able to finish. Last year was getting well beyond 50K...which I did. I got to 80K. This year is to finish my novel by the end of the month and I really think I can do it. I am on Chapter 18 (I just started it actually) and things are starting to wrap up nicely. I hit 50K today...so now...I have four more days to finish my novel. I think I can, I think I can, I think can....

I am thankful for the fact that my family totally gets how much this month means to me...like tonight...as the left overs from our earlier meal at my Grandma's favorite restaurant were warmed and improved upon...I was off in another room writing away participating in a NanoWrimo Twitter Sprint. At one point I was at the kitchen table blazing through scenes and everyone was hanging out around me. This is what they do in November...follow me on my journey...and cheer away. Some Novembers have been easier than the others. This one was not the hardest...but every year I am stretched to figure out how to balance the writing and working and life. Today both life and writing won...and I am starting to think that they should probably always win.

No comments: