Blog Archive

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Panera Progress...Word Count = 28,398

I decided to head to a Write-In at Panera this evening on a whim...and it was not just because my sister made venison for dinner. I knew some time away from the kitchen table would help my word count and it did. I got an additional 3K!!! Not bad considering I was there about 3 hours.

We did three word sprints and that really made things add up quickly. The first one I had 525 words, the second I had 637 words, and the third I had 620 words. Each sprint is about 14 minutes long...we track the time with a spiffy hour glass. I wish I could do them at home, but for some reason, you need to have a bunch of other NanoWrimos around you for them to be successful.

I will have to see if I can get any more words once I head home, but for now, I'm happy to be at 28K...just shy of my 30K goal for the weekend. Today was the first time this month where I felt like things were starting to come together nicely.

No comments: