Blog Archive

Sunday, November 7, 2010

First NanoWrimo Weekend...Word Count = 15,028

I can't believe that I wrote 11K words this weekend...I am feeling much better about things. I'm starting to think that it is okay if I seem to be going slower this year...it doesn't really matter. All that matters is that I get to the end of the finish line. My goal this year is to write 65,000 words. We will see how that goes...I am excited. I am excited and kind of tired. I did have a short power nap around 5pm tonight...it helped. How is it that we gain an hour and I'm still tired?

It was a good writing weekend...I'm closer to being on pace with where I need to be to reach my goal. Lots of things go undone during the month of November, but it is worth it. The one thing I did take care of was moving my novel to my laptop since Google Docs was giving me some trouble this past week. I love my netbook, but I really felt like it was slowing me down not being able to use Word. I think it helps to see the word count constantly at the bottom of the screen on the left hand side. Watching it increase makes me go even faster. I'm well on my way...

No comments: