Blog Archive

Saturday, November 6, 2010

In honor of the Muse...

I didn't write last night because I was totally captivated by my new TV show addiction...Sons of Anarchy. It is now added to my list of current obsessions...along with Mad Men. I never remember when shows are on...and can't even commit to watch things regularly on the DVR...I know...sad. So watching shows on DVD...a season behind everyone else seems to be how I roll. I felt bad about not writing, but good writing...in novels, movies, and even TV is inspiring. That is how I felt last night.

The growth of characters, the twists, the ups and downs, the connections...no matter what the genre or the mode of delivery...it inspires me to get words on paper. A song. A scene. A line of dialog. Each is the magic that gets me going. Each fuels the thing in my brain that churns the words out through my fingers. So many muses. That is the best feeling there is...when the words come flowing out onto the page. That is why I love November so much.

So, I'm at Panera...secured my favorite table by the outlet...ready for a full day of writing. I haven't ever done this before...so I am excited. I'm at 4,102 words...wonder where I will be in a few hours. Any guesses?

PS - I just heard a roar of a motorcycle...muse...I love it!! Never thought I would feel so passionately about a team...a family...of gun runners from a place called charming. Best show ever...seriously...and the Season 2 finale...woah!!!

No comments: