Blog Archive

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Done!! Well...You Know the Deal...Word Count = 50,691

I have won my sixth National Novel Writing Month...checking in at 50,691 words. Is the novel done? No. Is it ready to be read? No. Do I love it as much as the one I wrote last year? No. Will I ever do something with it? Well...you never really know. This year was tough for me. I was so tired. I was so worried that I was not going to finish. I was not entirely in love with my story. But I did it. I got 50,000 words and have something that I can go back and fix should I ever want to. I know that I will at somepoint go back...this one was actually a series idea that I had that I carried over from my NanoWrimo 2008 Novel. Remember Lolly Friar? She was the star of this years too. I guess I should have mentioned that at the begining of the month. ;)

After writing this year, I am totally convinced that last year's novel was very different and I think that was because I had a realy story that hangs together. And truth be told, I can't wait to get my hands back on it again. I loved the story that much!!

1 comment:

Kelly V said...

Way to go Joy! You should be very proud of ALL you have accomplished! :)