Blog Archive

Sunday, March 1, 2009

Sports Fan??

I am not about sports...not at all really. If I ever was, it was because there were cute boys involved. I'm not ashamed to admit it. I was trying to think about my history of sports crushes...I think it started in the early 1980's. The thought entered my mind when I was listening to one of my Vera Girls chat about Mike Green of the Washington Capitals. Who...I have to admit...is a total cutie. With very adorable hair...which is so important. :) After she shared the Scarlet Caps Website - Mike Green with me, I thought putting together a list of cute boys who got me interested in different sports. Here we go!!!

List of Cute Sports Boys

* Joe Theisman - Washington Redskins
* Dave Johnson - Decathlon
* Dan Jansen - Speed Skater
* Andre Agassi - Tennis (even with the long hair!!!)
* Christopher Bowman - Ice Skater
* Brady Anderson - Orioles (my boss at the time used to leave me newspaper articles about him...that was before the Internet was available to all...do you remember back then??)
* Mike Mussina - Orioles (before he joined the team of the enemy)
* Justin Leonard - Golf
* ?? - A basketball player from UConn in the late 90's who had me totally obsessed with March Madness. I can't belive I don't remember his name.
* Jason Taylor - Dancing with the Stars...ummm...I mean Redskins.

I would like to go on record that I became a Boston Red Sox fan not because of cute players...but because you can't walk into Fenway Stadium and not fall in love...well...the accent of beer drinking fans was a bit mesmerizing. I should note that the Sox won the World Series the year after I became a fan. Coincidence? I think not...

No comments: