Blog Archive

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Shaking Things Up...

Part of my plan with my new "Getting to the Gym" focus point has been to avoid stagnation. I am pretty good at doing the cardio thing...in fact...I will be getting ready to take a nice hour long walk in just a bit. I'm taking advantage of the warmer weather...getting fresh air is good. The tough part for me is strength training. That is where having a trainer has been good...mind you...I NEVER thought I would have someone help me with it. This past Sunday my strength training workout was "kicked up a notch" to include a few more ab related things and a few different moves. It kicked my butt...but felt so good. Tomorrow I am going to be on my own at the gym after work...and I am going to attempt all of the new stuff. I am not going to lie...I am kind of nervous and afraid of looking a dork. But...when has that ever stopped me before?

In blood sugar news, I have had a few lows but that is to be expected when you are totally transforming your relationship with food. Can't believe my first week on WW will be marked tomorrow. First weight check...that will be my big "weekend kick-off" after my workout tomorrow night. It feels good to be eating three meals a day...and it hasn't been as hard as I thought. Even though I am counting three things in my journey...points, blood sugar, and carbs...oh my!! :)

No comments: