Blog Archive

Saturday, March 27, 2010

OGYST - Week 12 in Review

The week took unexpected turns but I was calm and able to still keep up with my new eating habits. This was my third week on WW online...and I was really worried that I was going slip up. I didn't...even with lots of stress...at work and due to a family emergency. I am feeling very positive. Seeing lots of great results. I know more tough times are ahead...but I feel ready. I do feel a sense of balance.

Here is a quick list of progress...in each of my four focus areas.

Operation Getting Your Shit Together - Week #12

1. Controlling When I Look at Blackberry - I was completely shut off from work for two days...I really did well at keeping things in perspective. Family comes first...that makes prioritizing very easy.


2. Take Time to Breathe - This was my saving grace this week...since I wasn't able to get to the gym. I kept a sense of calm by choosing to not get all stressed out. I think eating three meals a day and more regulated blood sugars have really helped. I took one thing at a time and choose not to worry. Is it really just a choice?


3. Go to the Movies - Caught a few things on Pay Per View. Did You Hear About the Morgans? The Blind Side. Also saw Meet the Spartans and The Pursuit of Happiness. Two nights in a row I have watched truly fantastic movies...ones that stay with you. Don't worry. I'm not talking about Meet the Spartans or the Morgans. :)


4. Gym = Transition - Had to forgo this given the direction this week took...but I think that standing for hours in the ER and visiting in the hospital milling about counts for some activity. Especially when I may or may not have been doing squats against the wall. I did have a great workout on Monday.


5. Other - Finished the next set of edits on my novel. Had a great dinner with friends on Tuesday Night...I was glad I was with them when I got the "call". Was so excited about the happy news from one of my friends...it was news that we had been waiting years to hear...and I knew that someday I would hear it!! Before dinner, I had fun shopping at Juicy Couture. Don't worry...I took advantage of sales. ;) A very CUTE pinky salmon outfit. Great pedicure...if only the weather could match my pinky spring toes!!


Upcoming Week Expected Highlights: Getting back to the Gym. Since we are adjusting to new normals (if there is such a thing as normal)...I canceled some plans for the upcoming week...dinner and time with the Trainer. Not sure if I will make a Happy Hour on Wednesday or not. My main goal will be to get back to the gym. I'm thrilled that I was able to keep eating well even though things took an unplanned turn this week. It felt really good to stay in control of something.

No comments: