Blog Archive

Saturday, October 31, 2009

New Toy for Joy...

A funny thing happened on my way to buy a CD at Best Buy, I ended up getting a new netbook. A tiny little laptop in a fabulous shade of red...just in time for NanoWrimo. It all started when I was reading a book that one of my work friends gave me about writing spaces.

I have a good writing space, so much so that I have been leaving my laptop there in hopes of just sitting down at my writing desk to write whenever I want. Problem is...it is pain to unhook all the things when I want to take it on the road or to another location in the house. I liked the idea of having something raring to go and stationary. The book was talking about all kinds of strategies for creating and protecting your writing space. It really resonated. It made me think about getting another smaller laptop that I could use outside of my writing space. I swear...I'm not justifying my recent purchase...well...maybe I am...just a little bit. ;)

It also talked about something important that I hadn't ever really thought about before. The things that you will never do, occassionaly do, and always do in your writing space. I thought I would share the list with you.

Things I will not do in my writing space:

* Office Work

Things I will occassionaly do in my writing space:

* Email
* Facebook

Things I will always do in my writing space:

* Writing
* Blogging
* Planning and Plotting
* Researching

It made me feel good to finally declare my writing space as just that. As only that. And now...there will be a cute pink laptop ready for me to create on...whenever I desire in my writing space. This feels really good.

No comments: