Blog Archive

Sunday, February 9, 2014

Week 2 - Indoor Tri (Swim - 2, Bike - 2, Run - 2)

Life Essentials...caffeinate and hydrate!!
This was probably my most active week since just before the marathon.  I pushed myself this week in lots of ways and I'm glad I did.  Admittedly, I am a little slow when it comes to learning life's basic lessons.  My gears are just wired differently. The good news is, it is never too late to change.  The training for the indoor tri is doing exactly what I need it to...helping to set not only new routines but give me a new perspective as well. After having a huge blood sugar spike over night into Wednesday AM, it hit me, I need to take back control.  I'm getting too stressed.  I'm working too many hours.  I can decide to take back my time.  I can decide to work 8 hour days.  I decided to get 26 miles...and got them.  I can do this too.

Last week, I had zero swims.  This week I had two...both on work nights!!  It felt fantastic!!  I did not strength train this week (missed my Friday workout), but other than than that I nailed it.  I had all of my required runs (one following a swim) and all of my required bike rides (one following a swim).  My lesson learned this week is that I think I need to get to the gym on Friday mornings...and just make that part of my routine (even if I am there on Thursday nights).  I am loving having my plan.  I'm good with lists and checking things off.  The difference this go around is that I'm making the plan work for me.  I'm switching some days around to fit better with other activities I have going on.  I can do this.    

To hold myself accountable...I'm going to start tracking the days I work 8 hours.  I am on it!!

8 hour Work Days this Week (2):  Thursday, Friday

No comments: