Blog Archive

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Is it the boots??


Birthday Cowgirl Boots...
Early on in the summer, as soon as I knew that my boss was going to be traveling internationally around my birthday...I knew that I wanted to treat myself to a trip.  Timing wise...it was perfect.  My sister would be graduating in December.  My birthday is in January.  We were going to see my best friend (the big sister I never had) in Texas and celebrate!!  I ended up being out of the office for 12 days...some time in Texas...a day trip to Philly for the MLS Superdraft...and then more birthday fun with friends.  It was the perfect birthday week.  But, there is a price for perfect I think.  Since my time off...I have been doing a lot of thinking and planning.  My break in Texas (especially when I was up at 4am doing work emails on my birthday) got me thinking.  Is it really my job that makes me answer emails at 4am?  Or is me?  Is it how I choose to work?  I think the answer to the last two questions is yes...it is me.  So I have been working on changing how I work.  I have Texas to thank for this.  Well...Texas and a recent sick day.  Getting away is good...I'm going to do this more. Maybe next time...I won't check my email!!

Change is scary...but I am getting braver.  If I can finish a marathon...I can do anything I set my mind too.  I need to keep reminding myself of this.  I'm also learning to never say never.  I have always hated Country Music.  I was an east coast kid...schooled in Punk.  I just never got into it.  Since the Texas trip...I have been downloading lots of country music...and enjoying it.  I know, I'm still processing this.  I think maybe it is new state of mind.  Open mindedness. Well, that and my new cowgirl boots.  I think there is magic them.

A few pictures from the best birthday week ever...

Airport Reading...Sir Alex Wisdom...
Lane!!  Still miss this sweet face...
Of course we need picture in the Vera Bradley Store...

It was nice to see flowers...

Always a sucker for a pretty tree...

Amazing Views during a good walk/run... (70 degrees of Beautiful)

These were in the running...for DC United Games...am I right??

A fire pit and good friends...all one really needs...

The perfect welcome gift!!! International Travel will happen!!!

My birthday cake...made by my Mommy...

MLS Superdraft in Philly...VAMOS UNITED!!!

Philly Fun...and there was a video of me hugging our draft pick's Mom.  We also
gave his Grandma and Sister our  DC United scarves.  Very cool experience...

Lots of Laughter over my tracking my own birthday party guest list...
anyone who knows me should not be surprised by this!!

A pub...soccer...friends...all the essentials... :)

Second Morning in the Pub...next day for ManUtd vs. Chelsea... :)  

A perfect birthday...plus a few candles...with each one added...
life get's better and better. 












    

No comments: