Blog Archive

Saturday, November 30, 2013

Gone Writing.... (Word Count = 50,276)

 Each year is different...there were 11 days that I wrote no words this year.  My highest day was 8K words.  I had two 5K days.  I had two 4K days.  I had two 3K days.  The novel is far from over, I'm not sure if I will go back and finish it.  It is only 50,276 words. To be honest, all while I was writing I was thinking about how much I can't wait to get back to my NanoWrimo 2009 novel.  My goal is to get it in good enough shape to be read by a few of my friends before the end of the year.  After all of these years of writing, I want to know the feeling of actually finishing something.  I know that I can do it.  I'm going to give myself the rest of the day off.  Tomorrow...the reading/editing begins again.  It is good to have a deadline, I'm good with those.  A definitive endpoint to accomplish a certain set of work almost guarantees that I will accomplish said work.  I mean, if I can get 26 miles, there are really no excuses for not doing anything I set my mind too.

It was fun to get my 50K words surrounded by several of my NanoWrimo friends.  We wrote late into the night on Friday and then started up again in the morning.  After four hours of sleep, I am really looking forward to heading home for a nap.  November is always a fun month.  It is 30 days of writing crazy and enjoying spending lots of time with my writing friends.  I rarely see them throughout the year...but in November...they are constant support.  I readjust my schedule flipping my dates with Gym to the morning so that I can write in the evening.  I eat horrible (too many cookies to count at this point).  I find time each year to write my heart out and get at least 50K words.  No matter what is happening, I always find the time.  This was my 8th year...and it still feels just as good crossing that finishing line.

All my Bags...NanoWrimo All Night Write-In...


No comments: