Blog Archive

Saturday, November 23, 2013

Orange Wall Magic... (Word Count = 32,835)

All my noveling essentials...
An early Saturday morning with a marathon for some words.  So far I have written 5,244 words...it is only just after 12pm.  I was able to get the sacred space by the orange wall at Panera, which always helps.  I write more words here than I do at home now.  This has been the case for a few years now actually.  Writing is solitary for the most part, but in November I am always surprised about how productive I can be writing with all my NanoWrimo friends. I'm sure it is the word wars more than anything else...we turn the hour glass...and try to write as many words as we can in ~ 14.5 minutes.  On good days, I can make about 745 words.  Today has been slower...averaging about 450 words.  I'll take it. I'm also sure the productivity stems from all of us holding each other accountable to our word counts.  It really helps.  I always feel lucky.  I'm the one chick lit writer among a bunch of super smart science fiction/fantasy writers.  There are many conversations they have about things that I don't understand.  Lots of inside jokes I don't comprehend. It doesn't matter.  I'm getting words.  They are getting words.  I had all of my essentials this morning.  My laptop.  Coffee.  Headphones.  Music.  Notebook.  Pen.  Friends.  Words.  This is what November is all about...

No comments: