Tweet Tweets...

Blog Archive

Wednesday, November 20, 2013

How you know you are not feeling well...

My word count has not grown over the past few days...I'm holding steady at 26K....but I have a really good excuse.  I have been sick and this cold/cough/fever thing has knocked me out.  I haven't been sick like this in a long while.  I have still been at work...which I know is a mistake...but sometimes you just have to put how you are feeling aside.  I may have been quoted as saying the following, "It doesn't matter how I feel, there is work to be done."  I know.  I need to fix this attitude.  I was a train wreck yesterday...it was clear to all those around me.  So, while my novel sits waiting for me to return...I thought I would note a few of my observations over the past few days.   


How you know you are really not feeling well...
  • You have insane dreams...for example...buying a $1700 Kate Spade bag to keep your cell phone in...only your cellphone.     
  • You leave your diabetes bag (filled with life sustaining stuff like both of your insulin pens and glucose monitor) on your desk at work.  You realize this at 9:30pm at night and then have to drive all the way back to work to get it.
  • Your boss refers to you as Typhoid Mary.
  • Your partner in crime at work shields their face anytime they walk in your office or anytime you go theirs. 
  • Your co-workers wonder if you are okay because your eyes are really "glassy".
  • You walk up and down the hallways really slow.
  • You can't wait to get home to your Vicks VapoRub.
  • You don't even miss Gym or care if he misses you.
  • You cancel Physical Therapy for the week, but you feel really, really bad about it.  You can barely carry your purse; you have to be realistic about your energy level.
  • You wear a neon green sweatshirt at work over your outfit because you are shivering...all day long. 
  • You fall asleep looking at twitter and accidentally favorite things you do not intend too. Upon waking up, you quickly unfavorite them...but does it even matter?
  • You are home at 8pm which enables you to go to sleep at 8pm.

No comments: