My word count has not grown over the past few days...I'm holding steady at 26K....but I have a really good excuse. I have been sick and this cold/cough/fever thing has knocked me out. I haven't been sick like this in a long while. I have still been at work...which I know is a mistake...but sometimes you just have to put how you are feeling aside. I may have been quoted as saying the following, "It doesn't matter how I feel, there is work to be done." I know. I need to fix this attitude. I was a train wreck yesterday...it was clear to all those around me. So, while my novel sits waiting for me to return...I thought I would note a few of my observations over the past few days.
How you know you are really not feeling well...
- You have insane dreams...for example...buying a $1700 Kate Spade bag to keep your cell phone in...only your cellphone.
- You leave your diabetes bag (filled with life sustaining stuff like both of your insulin pens and glucose monitor) on your desk at work. You realize this at 9:30pm at night and then have to drive all the way back to work to get it.
- Your boss refers to you as Typhoid Mary.
- Your partner in crime at work shields their face anytime they walk in your office or anytime you go theirs.
- Your co-workers wonder if you are okay because your eyes are really "glassy".
- You walk up and down the hallways really slow.
- You can't wait to get home to your Vicks VapoRub.
- You don't even miss Gym or care if he misses you.
- You cancel Physical Therapy for the week, but you feel really, really bad about it. You can barely carry your purse; you have to be realistic about your energy level.
- You wear a neon green sweatshirt at work over your outfit because you are shivering...all day long.
- You fall asleep looking at twitter and accidentally favorite things you do not intend too. Upon waking up, you quickly unfavorite them...but does it even matter?
- You are home at 8pm which enables you to go to sleep at 8pm.