Blog Archive

Sunday, November 3, 2013

Week 23 - After the 26.2

The last day on my training plan has been checked off...starting tomorrow...I am on my own again. Post Race Recovery Week 3 was much better than Week 2.  I was back at the gym.  I walked and ran on Monday for the first time since the race.  It felt better than what I was expecting.  I also started trying to get to the gym in the mornings before work to prepare for all of the writing I will hopefully do after work in November for National Novel Writing Month. My energy level is still dragging...I'm still exhausted all the time.  I keep thinking, if only I could take a day off to just sleep...it would fix everything!

I started back with Physical Therapy for my right knee and hip this week as well.  I have a set of stretches to do each day and will go two times a week initially.  I'm feeling really positive, I know that I can fix the issue.  I'm excited to see what not having an injury will do for my walk/run pace.  I finally did some strength training as well.  That was an eye opening experience.  It felt like I was back to square one...everything was difficult.  I knew that I was tired, but I had no idea how fatigued my muscles still were.  The good news is, I know that I will get back to where I was.  That is part of the fun...working your way back and then going further.

The hardest work of the week was doing something that used to feel like nothing...getting my three miles on Saturday.  It was hard.  I walk/ran on the treadmill and I could feel how shaky I am on my right knee.  I pushed through.  I kept my pace.  I got it done...as always.

No comments: