Blog Archive

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Week 11 - The Road to 13.1

You could almost predict the fact that a week or so after I was super excited about my track record for not missing many training days...something would happen to make me miss a bunch of training days.  That is how it goes.  A cold hit...fever and general yuckiness...so I ended up missing Monday, Thursday (only did strength training, not my walk/run) and Saturday last week.  That also means that my 10 miles did not happen either.  I decided that I needed to be smart and rest.  Why risk getting sicker by pushing too hard?  Everything I do is about being race ready on June 2. I am almost two weeks away from the half marathon...which makes things even more real.  I'm shuffling workouts a bit in Week 12 to make up for the fact that I will be away during the weekend...I will do my 10 miles on Friday morning.  I really do organize my life around the training plan...I'm actually taking off work because I need to get the miles done.  I am working on the balance.  I have to say my cold was well planned...I had a four day weekend...filled with naps and soccer watching.  I'm not going to complain...I needed the rest.  Here is to plowing through Week 12...and then there will be just two weeks in front of me before I finally head down the road to get those 13.1 miles behind me.  

No comments: