Blog Archive

Sunday, January 24, 2010

OGYST - Week 3 in Review

The third week of 2010 felt to me to be the "make it or break it" week. In other times where I have tried to refocus my efforts...the third week is where I abandon things. This week was the real test. The good news is that I made all of my gym goals!!! I'm learning to compensate when "work happens"...but still keep to my plan. All in all...it was another good week. When I think back on how I felt in 2009...even with my blips this week...I am still feeling much more in control. I know it is the gym. I know it is a process. I know that I just need to keep at it.

Here is a quick list of progress...in each of my four focus areas.

Operation Getting Your Shit Together - Week #3

1. Controling When I Look at Blackberry - I am doing okay in the managing work stress realm...although I had Friday off but did some work in the AM. Got a bit stressed out...but tried to focus on the fact that it was okay to be off from work. Tried to remember that everything turns out okay...or rather...as it should. I need to remember that I don't need to take on other folks stress. I can still be calm and that is okay. I was shopping most of yesterday...and did not look at the blackberry once. Trust me...for me...this was huge. ;)

2. Take Time to Breathe - See #1 above...forgot about this one on Tuesday afternoon and on Friday. But the feeling didn't stay that long...even though I forgot to breathe and focus on one thing at a time. Most of the trouble is when those around me get stressed...I need to remember to breathe and not catch/take on angst. Just because I am calm...doesn't mean that I am not working hard or doing my part.

3. Go to the Movies - Again...DVD/DirecTV Watching...but it still counts!!! ;)

* Doubt
* Post Grad
* The Invention of Lying

4. Gym = Transition - I got to the gym three times this week...I did all strength training each time...so I met the goal to do that 2 -3 times a week. At home on three days I did all cardio...which met my goal to do 3 - 5 times a week. So that means I exercised 6 out of 7 days. I am very happy about this. ;) And also lucky that I can do cardio at home. ;) I was able to do my strength training work outs on my own and I really loved it. Especially since I get to do a bit of cardio before and after...feels so good!!

5. Other - Went to the endocrinologist and was reminded again how much I love my doctor. After 22 years...I finally feel like I have someone that I can work with. I was really proud of myself for not canceling my appointment...that is what I do...but I didn't do that!! Also finally made an appointment with the retinologist...haven't gone in over a year (this is really bad...) but will go in early February. OMG...this sounds like an older persons entry. ;) Didn't do any work on my novel...but I am just happy that I was in Week #3 and did not abandon my new plan. Had an amazing day shopping with my Mommy yesterday...we don't get a lot of time together these days...and this was a perfect unplanned day of fun.

Upcoming Week Expected Highlights: Hmmm...many of my expected highlights are leftover from last week. Upps!!! Starting to edit novel (I will do this I swear!!!), Getting back on track with my food intake, Going to the movies, and Enjoying Happy Hour with some of my IT buddies.

No comments: