Blog Archive

Monday, January 18, 2010

OGYST - Week 2 in Review

The second week of 2010 seemed to fly right by and was quite eventful. I turned a year older...had more of a 'typical' work week...dinner with friends...shopping with friends...and first session with a personal trainer. I had a blast actually. No complaints other than I haven't been writing very much, but I decided that I needed to focus on getting to the gym...so that is what I am doing. It was a good week...scratch that...it was a FANTASTIC week.

Here is a quick list of progress...in each of my four focus areas.

Operation Getting Your Shit Together - Week #2

1. Controling When I Look at Blackberry - I was incredibly calm this week at work and only worked really late one day. I knew it was going to be a late day because it was my "meeting" day. Didn't do any work at home...even when I thought I would have to keep up. I didn't need too. That felt really good!!! Aiming to leave by 5pm and at the latest 5:30pm has made me work much more efficiently it seems.

2. Take Time to Breathe - In those moments when I think I feel panicked or that I should feel panicked...I realize that I am really not. I have been relaxed and focused for the most part. Working on one thing at a time. Calm.

3. Go to the Movies - Again...DVD Watching...but it still counts!!! ;)

* My Best Friends Girl
* How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days
* Office Space
* The Heiress (1949) - Random find on TCM...one of my favorite songs ever was the love theme. A truly genius story. My kind of movie for sure!!

4. Gym = Transition - I got to the gym four times this week...I did all cardio but stretched as well. I worked out at home once and discovered the fun of integrating the portable DVD player with time on the treadmill and bike. Makes time fly by much faster. Aiming to get out of the office by 5 or 5:30 has really helped me...because I feel so great after going to the gym...by the time I get home at 8pm the day has faded away. Had a training session with a personal trainer today and I have a workout plan...using weights and things. Felt great!! Can't wait to integrate it into my workouts in Week #3.

5. Other - Yummy dinner at my favorite restaurant (Zio's) with my J girls, Great Birthday with lots of presents and facebook wall messages, first visit to a sauna (LOVED IT), bloodwork and H1N1 Vaccine, Vera Bradley shopping with my VERA girls, Margaritas!!!, amazing food at tex mex restaurant, and cute new earrings too!!

Upcoming Week Expected Highlights: Getting to the Gym four of five week days, Appointment with endocronologist, Using weights at gym, Editing novel, Getting back on track with my food intake and going to the movies.

No comments: