Blog Archive

Sunday, January 10, 2010

OGYST - Week 1 in Review

The first week of 2010 has bit the dust and I think all in all...it went fairly well. There was really only one day where I feel like I fell of off the balance wheel...Thursday. But I was reminded that I need to just learn from the momentary fall and keep moving foward. Here is what I learned - take the gym bag with you (even if you have plans). That way, if said plans change, you can still get to the gym.

Here is a quick list of progress...in each of my four focus areas.

Operation Getting Your Shit Together - Week #1

1. Controling When I Look at Blackberry - I only got really freaked out about work on Thursday evening. Other than that...the week rolled along. I was calm for the most part and knew that I would probably have to work late on Friday and a bit on the weekend. It was no problemo...really...I swear.

2. Take Time to Breathe - Other than Thursday, this was good too. When I start to feel overwhelmed, I just take a deep breath. Truth is, there were not many moments that felt overwhelmed. I'm thinking taking two weeks off of work was really just what I needed.

3. Go to the Movies - Didn't get to go this weekend...but I did enjoy the following movies this weekend. Each was perfectly just what I needed...(action/suspense, freaking funny, and a romantic comedy).

* State of Play
* The Goods
* (500) Days of Summer

4. Gym = Transition - I went to the gym four times this week. I exercised on my own two times. That means there was only one day this past week (Friday) that I did not do some form of exercise. Go Me!!! Oh yes...there was my fitness test on Saturday. That will serve as my benchmark for continued progress in this area.

5. Other - It was a fun week all in all. Gearing up for my birthday...which will the the entire week. I have declared it. I am so not repeating the mistakes of last year. ;) Got my xmas present (two pairs of cute flats) from Santa/my Mommy. Bought some Vera Bradley in Symphony in Hue - Ditty Bag (for my shoes) and a Lunch Tote. Making Plans for my Birthday...starts on Monday!!!

Upcoming Week Expected Highlights: Fun with Friends, Turning a year older, Blood Work/H1N1 Vaccine, Three Day Weekend, Fun with Friends, Movies, Fun with Family, Margaritas, and Work out with Trainer!!

No comments: