Blog Archive

Monday, July 4, 2011

The Noveldom has Begun... Word Count = 6,028

The journey has begun...Panera was very good to me today...I would not allow myself to leave until I reached 5,000 words. It took me a minute to get in the zone late this morning, but by noon I was getting the hang of it. I think it still seems strange to be doing this while wearing flip flops. I have never had a tan and NanoWrimo'ed before. I did of course order some tomato soup, because it is tradition. I think it really helped. A few word wars always do the trick too...I don't know that I couldn't have kept at it today without my fellow CampNanoWrimos.

I was able to get another 1,000 words out in the last 40 minutes with the sounds of distant fireworks in the background. I am pretty proud of the fact that I have did not have fireworks mentioned anywhere in those 1,000 words. I'm starting Chapter Two and thinking about all the things that Sunni Gilliam will be up too. I feel like things are starting to take shape. I still haven't figured out what car she is going to have, but I do know the pivotal moment in her youth where she figured out what she wanted to do when she grew up. Details, details, details...

No comments: