Blog Archive

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Happiness Is...

It is the simple things that bring me the most happiness. Nothing fancy or extravagant...surprising as that may be. I was reminded of this as I was puttering around the kitchen this morning getting the Keurig ready for my first cup of coffee. I remembered seeing a yellow box in the cupboard and then I looked in the fridge to see if there was any milk and there was. Instant Happy!!! There is nothing better than a bowl of the Cheerios...cold milk...make that no soggy Cheerios...perfection!! Happiness is a bowl of Cheerios...

Now to continue to work on my novel...I have to get to 50K words before midnight tonight. Acutally, I am hoping that it is well before then so that I can celebrate at Panera tonight or this afternoon (if I am feeling optimistic). For me, reaching the 50K mark was much, much harder in July than it is November. It will mean that much more to me finish!! This is the perfect way to start to a week off of work...a week off!! I am beyond giddy!! Especially sitting here at the kitchen table eating a bowl of Cheerios!!

No comments: