Blog Archive

Sunday, April 11, 2010

OGYST - Week 14 in Review

April is here...my favorite tree is in bloom...and I am still at this thing called Operation Getting Your Shit Together. I hate to write this, but I am really proud of myself. Since the new year I have been focusing on being more balanced. I do feel like things have changed...especially since even though I have been dealing with a family emergency I am still at it. I haven't thrown all my changes out of the window. I am still checking my blood sugar. I am still doing the WW thing. I am still losing weight. I am still making time to go to the gym. Balance.

Here is a quick list of progress...in each of my four focus areas.

Operation Getting Your Shit Together - Week #14

1. Controlling When I Look at Blackberry - This was made easy because family emergencies have a way of making ignoring work easy. I won't lie, I did get freaked out about a few things...but I found time to get them done. The key was to focus on when things really needed to get done. I still have a project that I need to get done...and most likely I will work on it at somepoint this weekend. But I am not panicing.


2. Take Time to Breathe - Absolutely...this is essential...remembering that everything turns out as it should makes it easier to work your way through things. Also remembering that there is no sense in worrying about what you don't know.


3. Go to the Movies - Nope. Funny, I think of all my focus points...this is the one that I show the least progress in.


4. Gym = Transition - Was able to get to the gym 4 days this week with 2 strength training workouts and 2 cardio workouts. Felt great...each and every one of them. Not as often as I wanted too but life happens.


5. Other - Thought it was perfect timing that I had a great lunch with one my of Vera Bradley Girls on Thursday...it is always good to talk with her. She is one of my big motivagtors in OGYST...she sets a great example in terms of balance, exercise, and being healthy. I love that we can chat...she is such a huge support for me. I was thinking back to how she has been there for so many of my big "life moments". Seeing her was just what I needed so that I could be strong for all the rest that was to happen on Thursday.


Upcoming Week Expected Highlights: Looking forward to getting a new workout on Sunday AM...bright and earlier with my trainer. Can't wait to talk to her about all my progress over the past month. Thinking good thoughts for good health and continued progress for my Grandma. It will be a crazy week...but I will get through it...it is all about balance.

No comments: