Blog Archive

Sunday, February 7, 2010

OGYST - Week 5 in Review

The fifth week of 2010 was very tough for some reason. I am not at all happy with my progress...especially in focus area 4. I am very disappointed, but as my good friend Nicol reminds me...sometimes there are blips...and this is just a blip. Good news is that I feel like Week 6 will get me back on track. I'm also wondering if the fact that I did not do my Week 4 summary last Sunday had anything to do with my blip. I think it did. Accountability is good!!! Lesson Learned.

Here is a quick list of progress...in each of my four focus areas.

Operation Getting Your Shit Together - Week #5

1. Controling When I Look at Blackberry - Feel as if I am still doing well in this area. I am not answering emails at all hours of the night. It does feel better...I still check it often...but I do not feel like I have to respond right away.

2. Take Time to Breathe - Bad. Bad. Bad. I was very stressed and worried about many things. But when I needed most to be calm...I think I was. I also decided to work from home on Friday...which helped. I put in a long day...but got so much done. It was a blip. One week out of five is not that bad.

3. Go to the Movies - Nope. Snow kind of messed this up...but...I did start watching one while on the treadmill. That was kind of fun.

4. Gym = Transition - Bad. Bad. Bad. Only got to the gym once...on Monday. Did cardio at home on Sunday...had to cancel with my trainer because of the snow mess. Felt very guilty. But...with the snow shoveling on Friday Night and on Saturday...hopefully it made up for my lazy week. I have to say...I did feel pretty damn good shoveling...so that was great!!!

5. Other - Did work at home on Sunday afternoon/evening. Car battery dead on Monday AM...so had to get a jump. Birthdays - Grandma turned 85 and Mommy turned 58!!! Retinologist appointment went well and was not that traumatizing. But having your eye pressure checked with a pen thingy was strange...I had to get into my "zone". Car battery dead on Friday AM...so had to get it replaced. Couldn't get to work on time for 8am staff meeting...so I just called in. Slight teasing on that call. Loving the snow!!!

Upcoming Week Expected Highlights: Shovelling. Busy Busy Week. Preparing for big meeting. Getting to the gym. Celebrating less than a month until Henry Rollins comes to town.

No comments: