Blog Archive

Monday, August 10, 2009

A little bit of Vera's what I need...

A funny thing happened on the way to the grocery store yesterday, I had a hankering for some Vera. Actually, it was just one item in particular...a lanyard for my work ID and keys. Seemed simple enough...the biggest decision I had to make was which pattern to get it in. I picked Pirouette in case you were wondering. But then I saw them...the new microfiber bags...thump, thump...thump, thump. The 100th Anniversary Journal...thump, thump...thump, thump...I am in love again. And about to splurge a bit on some Vera.

The journal is adorable and covered in many past Vera Bradley Patterns...it is a visual history to all the Vera's we have loved before. You remember your very first pattern...and the exact purse style. I resisted for years because I have always had a purse and bag "problem". I will never forget when my fellow Vera Girls came back from a sale and told me that I needed to go. The rest...well...I don't need to go on...but I will. I bought a limited edition plaid bag that was a cute octogon shape. Then...some Chelesa Green...and then Emily...and then...well...you really don't want me to go there.

So today my new black microfiber Crossover Hipster made it's debut at work and it is super cute!! I love the shape and it looks quite smart with my fabulous red patent work tote. I of course got a wallet to match...very functional. Lots of pockets and plenty of nooks & crannies to store all kinds of things. I fully recognize that I have a problem...but sometimes you just need a new purse. It sparks something inside...gives you an extra kick and boosts your spirits. Vera always delivers...never a moment of buyer's remorse. Never ever...