Blog Archive

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Skunky Skunk...

Ever since I started working just about 15 years ago, I have had this silly fear. Since I am an early bird, the thought has occurred to me over the years that being out and about before the sun is up poses some risk. My biggest fear? Being sprayed in skunky yuck juice early in the morning. I know that is crazy...but after my skunk sighting early yesterday AM out of the kitchen window it seemed all too clear that my fear could be realized.

It will be a busy day with lots of meetings. I'll be leaving early. I'll have on a great outfit. A cute Vera Bradley purse. And then it will happen...I will get skunked. Right there before reaching my car I will stop dead in my tracks. Then what will I do? I can see myself become oddly calm and wonder where I could go to take a tomato bath. If only there were a spa I could escape too.

Could you imagine the email I would have to send to my boss and fellow co-workers? I would never be able to escape that one...hey...remember when Joy got skunked? That was classic....