Blog Archive

Thursday, March 20, 2014

Week 7 - (Swim 2, Bike 2, Run 2.5)

And then you are just down to one week before the big event!!  Despite the St. Paddy's celebrating and soccer watching at the pub...it was still a good training week and my nutrition has been on point.  I'm doing what I should be doing...checking my blood sugar...counting carbs...and no surprise...all my numbers are looking much better.  I know that it doesn't define me...but when my blood sugars are good...I feel better about myself.  (Truth - I still feel like I am a failure when my blood sugar is high.  So...you know...I feel like a failure a lot.)  Everything went according to plan training wise...except for the start of the week...Sunday is a running day...but I was having fun in Annapolis.  I walked for 2.5 hours...so I gave myself a (.5) for that one.  Truth be told, I think the Indoor Tri is going to be rough...I know I have been training...but I am still struggling when I bike and then run.  My goal this go around was to run the entire time...no walking...so I will need to push hard and focus.  10 min Swim. 30 min Bike. 20 min Run.  I can totally do this!!     

8 hour Work Days this Week (3):  Monday, Thursday, and Friday

Spolier Alert:  Week 8 of training will be complicated by a crummy, gross cold...

On my nutrition game...stress eating at work...

No comments: