Blog Archive

Friday, September 13, 2013

Less than One Month...

Admittedly, I have been spending a lot of my time thinking about what I am going to do after October 12.  Since late February/early March I have been in training...first for the half marathon (14 weeks) and then for the marathon (20 weeks - with some overlap) which has been amazing.  I have changed so much, for the better.  I'm stronger.  I'm more confident.  The things that I used to think were so impossible...no longer seem so.  If I can get 26 miles...there is no reason why I can't accomplish all the other ideas swirling around in my head.

There is one line from my training book "Marathoning for Mortals" that I repeat constantly over and over...it is all about getting to the start.  

My favorite quote...
It is true...and the amazing thing is...I haven't even reached the start...and I am already forever changed.  It just feels good.  

So now, what am I going to do after October 12?  Here are some of the things taking shape in my mind.

In the After...

* Wearing fun/cute shoes again...high heels...wedges...boots...I can't wait...flats and flip-flops are getting so old!!

*  Writing, Writing, Writing...I have one novel in the works that I want to finish and a new one that will be born in November for NanoWrimo.  In typical style...I have no clue what it will be about...but that is part of the fun.  Blank pages offer total freedom...

* Friday Nights can be more about fun and less about hydrating...long distance Saturday AMs make for lame Friday nights. 

*  Watching soccer early on both Saturday and Sunday AMs...

*  Trying Cross Fit...

*  Traveling to write from more places...and to see soccer...and to see snow...and to see water...

*   Enjoying less regimented dates with Gym...

*  Wondering if I will keep walk/running...maybe do 6 or 8 miles for fun on the weekend every now and the?

*  Pondering what I might get myself as a reward for getting 26 miles...shoes - fun or running or both, a jersey, a purse, or something else? 
I think these two items might just win...perfect rewards...







No comments: