Blog Archive

Monday, March 25, 2013

Week 4 - The Road to 13.1

 Another week done...another week of hitting all of my goals...including two days with strength training!!  And...finally...some time on the elliptical!!! I miss my daily 60 minute crazy, fast sessions.  The time is going by quickly and I'm feeling much better knowing that the time of my walks is now increasing more than 30 minutes.  My physical activity has drastically decreased in these first weeks...but I have taken advantage of this to add in stretching.  It has helped quite a bit...so much so...that it is now a solid part of my training.  I never used to stretch before.  I do feel like the pieces are starting to come together in terms of the training work...so now I have got to get more serious about the T1 diabetes stuff. I think my nutrition is getting better and I have been drinking much more water.

So yes, now I need to do more internal work. I need to harness some inner strength to really get my stuff in order.  Yesterday was my "rest day" and I spent about 3 hours walking around the zoo.  I had not been since a field trip when I was in seventh grade...so yes...ahem...many, many, many, many, many years ago.  There were lots of hills and the paths were great.  I'm thinking one or a few of my training walks would be good to do there.  I need to get walking outside more instead of the treadmill...if nothing else...on my endurance days.  I did 5 miles on Saturday.  It felt pretty good...but I have got to get off the treadmill.  I also have to calibrate my new Nike + sport band.  The running app I was using on my iPhone was not particularly accurate and that has been frustrating.  I want to have much more precise measurement of the distance and time.  So that right there is proof that I'm changing...look who is seeking data??  If only I could be just as excited about tracking my blood sugar data.

No comments: