Blog Archive

Monday, March 18, 2013

Week 3 - The Road to 13.1

This week was much better than the previous two weeks...I hit every training goal for the week...despite the fact that work was crazy busy.  I really honed in on the things that made the first two weeks so difficult.  Better fuel (nutrition) makes all the difference and led to much better workouts because I had much more energy.  Strength training is essential because it makes me feel good and powerful. This provides a different kind of fuel that is necessary to keep plugging along through the training...confidence.  This has been missing for awhile...but I have figured out how to get it back.  Some days of the week...I will just go see gym twice.

I am excited that on most Mondays and Thursdays I will go to the gym twice.  On Mondays, I will do my walking in the AM and Refomer Pilates at night.  On Thursdays, I will do strength training in the AM and then my walk (plus speed/form drills) at night.  It is adding a bit more to my training plan...but I think I am good for it.  I can't tell you the difference this week.  It was like night and day.  I'm excited that Week 4 is already started!!

No comments: