Blog Archive

Sunday, June 30, 2013

Week 4 and 5 - The Road to 26.2

The essentials for long distance...
Time slipped by with some busy weeks and I realized that I have not updated for the past two weeks!!  No updates does not mean that work has not been happening.  It has been exhausting really.  But exhausting is good...it means you are working hard.

Week 4 -  The new training plan...which only has one rest day...Sunday...was in full force.  I was finally back in the groove...especially in terms of strength training.  A few adjustments now that PT is a part of my plan...AM dates with Gym will be necessary.  Mondays are for walk/run and pilates (on reformer).  Tuesdays are for strength training and PT.  Wednesdays are for walking.  Thursdays are for walk/run and PT.  Fridays are for strength training.  Saturdays are for long distance walk/run.  This is my life until October.  It will not be a cake walk.  It will be exhausting...but it feels good to have mapped out how I am going to progress through the plan.  My reward...getting those 26 miles.  I know I can do it.  I will do it.
New kicks already racking up the miles...
Week 5 -  The reality of the addition of PT and how that is going to change things hit hard.  Gym in the AMs after being used to getting a good full night of sleep is not going to be easy.  I am going to have to start doing a few things - going to bed at a decent hour and not eat like an idiot.  Truth be told...my nutrition has been non-existent since the half marathon.  I need to fix this.  I feel it in my energy level and in the long distance walk/runs.  I was exhausted this week...and my eight miles did not come easy.  There is one other thing that I have not done since the half...walk/run outside for long distance.  I have got to get over this fear...each Friday night I psych myself up thinking that I will wake up early and get outside.  I get up on Saturday and I settle on the treadmill.  I can work on pacing.  I should take it easy just in case.  I am afraid to hit the streets.  My goals for Week 6 are clear... 1) get to bed early, 2) eat healthy, and 3) get outside on Saturday to get those 9 miles.

No comments: