Blog Archive

Friday, February 1, 2013

Recognizing the Obstacles...

The vision of walking a half marathon and marathon was not an overnight decision.  I have been thinking about it for a long while, but fear stood in my way.  I am a hard worker, but I have never worked hard at tackling my Type 1 Diabetes.  I know, I know...it is true.  Even with all of my transformations over the past year and a half...the T1 Diabetes stuff was not the focus.  Now it has to be.  I can't ignore it if I want this whole finishing a half marathon and marathon thing to happen.  It will happen.  I can visualize little else these days. 

As I was waiting to see my endocrinologist yesterday, I snapped this picture.  I am really enjoying all of the reading and research I am doing on Marathons.  I'm really loving this book...I mean it has "joy" in the tag line...so it must be kismet right?  The more I look at it...the more it really captures the elements of what I need to do.  The book is my goal...but the two things also captured are the other obstacles that want to stand in my way.  Work (the blackberry).  Type 1 Diabetes (the spiral notebook with my doctor/nutritionist notes in it).   I am going to have to keep these two things in balance to get what I want.  I have never had to do that before.  This really is a whole new everything.


No comments: