Blog Archive

Monday, December 23, 2013

2013 Rewind (August): 26 Hours in Chicago...

Being a DC United fan in 2013 was tough...but not for me.  Win, Lose, or Draw...I couldn't not support the Black and Red.  There are good years.  There are bad years.  My seasons so far have been 50/50...I'm only two years in...but I'm not going to stop the love after one tough season.  Besides, there was the US Lamar Hunt Open Cup...and we won it!!  We won the ship!!  So, there was that.  I'd like to think that my fandom helped DC United along the way.  I attended every game in person (wearing the exact same outfit and earrings and shoes)...except the final that took place on October 1 in Salt Lake City.  And yes...I had on the same lucky outfit, earrings, and shoes for that game too...it is only crazy if it doesn't work!!  If the time of year had been different, I probably would have hopped on a plane to go. 

I did decide to get on a plane with my Mom and Sister in August...to head to Chicago for the Open Cup Semi-Finals.  I needed to keep the winning momentum going and so I extended my summer vacation by an extra two days.  Why not hop on a plane to help DC United get a victory against the Chicago Fire?  I had always wanted to go to Chicago and when I knew I could escape the office with no worries...I knew I had to go.  It was a jammed packed 26 hours or so...we arrived in Chicago at 9:30am and moved full speed ahead.  We had plenty of time to sight see and shop before the game that evening.  This is what being a soccer fan has done for me...I get on planes and buses to chant and cheer.  It is the best thing ever.  I have traveled more over the past three years to watch soccer games...then I probably have in all the years combined before hand.  I love it!! 

Here is a quick pictorial trip down my Chicago memory lane...

With my Purple Petals Vera Bradley and Venti Americano...I can do anything!!

I love writing on the plane...and staring at the clouds...

There was a butterfly waiting for me...

Cool Art Pieces in Millennium Park...I loved the Lurie Garden.

The Bean...

Us...reflected in the Bean...

Dizzy....

The Three Amigos...


So pretty...

Reflections...

A tree, riverwalk...perfection...

Huge down pour...no umbrellas...every adventures needs a thorough rain soaking!!

Chicago did not disappoint...it had been on my list years...I need to go back.
There was much to swoon over at Nike Town...instead of the above...I got my Marathon Race Day outfit instead. :)
 
Arriving at Toyota Park...our first DC United Away Game!!

Vamos United!!!
Fantastic View...

So awesome...


You can see my Mom, my sister is hiding behind the red/white flag...I'm at the top right...headless!!

I had my first scarf exchange...

Back on the plane...coffee, clouds, pen, paper...perfection.

No comments: