Blog Archive

Monday, July 15, 2013

Week 7 - The Road to 26.2

So...it was a real lackluster week in terms of training.  I was focused on nutrition...but I had lots of fun stuff on the calendar...and that definitely shifted my priorities for the week.  I know that over the span of 20 weeks...there will be ups and downs.  Life happens...you can't plan everything...flexibility is good...you need to balance the fun and the work.  I missed every walk/run of the week...Monday, Thursday, and Saturday (should have been 6 miles).  Monday was interrupted because of work (although I did Pilates).  Thursday was interrupted because of fun dinner plans (although I did strength training in the AM).  Saturday was just lazy...too much tailgating on Friday makes an early AM run on Saturday difficult.  Too much fun on Saturday and plans early on Sunday AM and then later in the PM...make rescheduling said 6 miles difficult.  I decided to just let it go and rest my legs...Week 8 is a whole new everything.  The fun of Week 7 will be my fuel...

No comments: