Blog Archive

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Week 8 - The Road to 13.1

So I have been at this for 8 weeks...it is suddenly almost the end of April...and I am re-energized...I'm sure it is due in part to the fact that my tree is full bloom.  This is the first week where I really feel like I'm hitting all of my goals...all of them.  Hydration - check.  Blood Sugar Management - check.  Eating Healthy - check.  Sleep - check (except for early AM low blood sugars).  I am really starting to feel better...in better control of things.   I am taking less insulin.  This is called living the dream!!  I am still slow as hell with the walking...but I am really starting to not stress about it.  If I keep at this pace...I will not finish the half marathon in the required time.  When you math it out...the numbers just don't work.  So, my back-up plan is that on June 2, I will just do the 13.1 miles on a different course...and start way earlier.  For me it is about going the distance...it doesn't matter how long it takes me to get there.  I will go the distance.  I will finish.

I also know it is not just my tree in bloom that has made the difference.  For the first time in a very long time, I'm actually keeping records of my blood sugars.  I'm completely addicted to the My Fitness Pal app...which has completely changed my game in terms of managing my health.  When I see my endocrinologist in another week or so...I am going to have real records to show.  I have so much more energy.  I feel stronger.  I am in control.   I am going to walk 13.1 miles.  And then...I am going to train and walk 26.2 miles.

No comments: