Blog Archive

Thursday, February 8, 2018

That one last knock on the head...

Early on a Monday morning...ready to head out before 5:30am...heading to the gym...then deciding to head to work early to get things done...and then maybe go to the gym at work...deicing your car...taking the trash out...then a recycle bin in each hand...then...your feet fly up in front of you...the recycle bins fly...and whap...in a flash...you fall back...head hitting the driveway.  Maybe the universe is trying to tell you something one...last...time.  Slow it down. Perhaps your best bet is to turn off your car...head back inside the house...and just stay home.  And so I did.  It was one last knock on the head.  I felt nauseous.  I felt lucky.  I started thinking about what could have happened if not for my tiny little ponytail at the back of my head that helped to buffer my fall.  I iced. I slept. I ignored work emails.  I curled in all ball to sleep to stretch my neck...which I had remembered as a trick for whiplash from my car accident in the summer.  I took a day.  The world went on.  Things could wait.  I could wait.  I iced. I slept.  I felt empowered.  It was a moment...a moment that I could decide once and for all to change.  That one last knock on the head to know that the things that matter start within. A mild concussion...to set things right.


No comments: