Blog Archive

Saturday, February 17, 2018

Streaks...

There is an app for that...for streaks.  I remember numerous joywalking adventures with my friend Molli where we would postulate about how great it would be to have an app to help motivate you by tracking how many times a day/week/month you do something.  And now...there is something.  Above all else it has helped me to do something that I should do multiple times a day but do not.  Check my blood sugar.  Somehow, someway...this little app that let's me do streaks for whatever I want - checking blood sugar at least three times a day, going to the gym, taking a lunch break, vacuuming the steps, swiffering the floors, taking a walk, and doing something twice a week to be socially active (not shown) - is getting me healthier.  I am checking my blood sugar more than just once a day.  This is huge.  Knowledge is power.  When you know what your blood sugar is, you can actually manage it.  After 30 years, I have finally found something that motivates me to not be afraid to know my number all day long.  Plus, I am taking time to each lunch each day and doing all the other things that I want to do.  Doing the things that matter...

No comments: