Blog Archive

Monday, May 12, 2014

No Distractions...

New Goals...New Gym Bag...
Did I ever tell you about the time I almost signed up for another marathon…but then stopped myself?  I stopped myself not because of my ankle issue, but because I realized I was about to sabotage my own goals.  When you train for a long distance…you put in time, focus, and you make sacrifices.  I decided that I was not going to do that for a second year in a row.  I want to have fun on a whim.  I want to enjoy Friday nights.  I want to go to camp.  I need to finish what I started back in August 2011.  Doing another marathon would have thrown me off course from my initial set of fitness goals for 2014.

My Fitness Goals for 2014:

*  Complete an Indoor Tri [Done – March 23, 2014]
*  Go to a Cycling Class [Done – May 2, 2014…and will go to more!!]
*  10K Steps a Day
*  Attend (and Complete) an Adult Soccer Clinic
*  Do Unassisted Pull-ups (five...let's say five of them)
*  Get to Goal Weight

I think this is a good list.  There are a few things to take me out of my comfort zone.  For an introvert…that cycling class took more gumption then you would think.  The soccer clinic feels even more challenging then the marathon…considering the fact that I have never played soccer…never played on any kind of team…do not take direction well…but I’m sure I have kicked a soccer ball…maybe? This activity may be my greatest feat yet.  And believe me…I’m not just doing this because I know I have to get special shoes.  I think I will be a better spectator and fan.  I think it will be good to be a part of a team.  I think it will good to do something that frightens me greatly.  You learn great things outside of the comfort zone.  

No comments: