Blog Archive

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Two Faces Have I...

This past Saturday, I was lucky enough (thanks to a good friend) to see Placido Domingo give a final performance at the Kennedy Center as his 15 year tenure as the General Director of the Washington Opera ends. He played Oreste in Iphigenie en Tauride . It was breathtaking and I still find myself thinking back on such captivating moments. I think I may be hooked. I'm not going to lie, I have already looked at the next season and there are two that I really want to see in the Fall. It was perfection. The story was my kind of story...lots of torment expressed in sounds and actions. I get chills thinking about it...

I have to admit, that during a few moments on Saturday Night I was thinking of my plans for Sunday night...seeing Hangover 2. Talk about opposite settings and opposite emotions and opposite wardobes to boot!! Hangover 2 did not disappoint...it was such a great hour and 42 minutes of constant laughter. There were moments you found yourself laughing even when there was no dialog. The visual situation on the screen and your thoughts on how it came to be made you giddy without breath. I am still humming Allentown...

The truth is, I enjoyed both...one just as much as the other. What does that say about me as a person?

No comments: