Blog Archive

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Get Your Write On!!!


I think it may be an almost "seven month itch"...but I am back in the writing state of mind. I haven't really done a thing since last November's NanoWrimo and the possibility of a summer "Camp NanoWrimo" has me really excited about what I am going to write next. I have been readying myself by doing some reading on writing...I just finished Janet Evanovich's book How I Write and am going to read Stephen King's book On Writing next. Feels so good. Like getting back to the gym. Writing does my soul good. And just like getting back to the gym...I need to get back to writing too. It is time to get back to life...or the next part of my life...a whole new chapter is readying...I can feel it.

I know that all I need to get started is some good music and a blank page. I always have both so I am ready. I'm going to get my write on and my life on too.

Some songs fueling the soundtrack include the following:

* The Lone Wolf - Kathleen Edwards
* Crossfire - Brandon Flowers
* L.E.S. Artistes - Santigold
* What You Know - Two Door Cinema Club
* Something to Die For - The Sounds
* Driven By Their Beating Hearts - A Silent Film
* Houdini - Foster the People
* Dog Days Are Over - Florence + The Machine
* MoneyGrabber - Fitz & The Tantrums
* Billie Holiday - Warpaint

Note...that most of the above list is thanks to my awesome sister who always seems to know which songs I need to hear.

No comments: